Home Generator Installation in St. Louis
Brda Electric’s Home Generator Division can solve your residential electrical generator needs. Specializing in home generator installations, we ensure that your lights, refrigerator, water heater and other essential electrical household items stay on when the power goes out.
About Permanent Residential Standby Generators
If you live in an area that experiences frequent power outages (like St. Louis), you may want to consider installing a permanent standby generator. Permanent generators are connected to your home’s electrical system, turning on automatically when the power goes out and turning off when power is restored.
The greatest advantage of such a system is that you don't have to be home to activate it. If you're away on vacation, your home and belongings will still be protected during a power outage.
Other Benefits of a Permanent Standby Generator
- If you have a medical condition or disability that requires the use of electrically powered equipment, a standby generator can literally be a lifesaver.
- Standby generators can eliminate the need for costly repairs to your electrical system and appliances that power surges cause.
- In the age of work-from-home lifestyles, a typical automatic home generator can get you back in business in 10-30 seconds. That's fast enough to prevent a minor annoyance from becoming a major disruption.
- If your job requires you to run important computer applications, you may also want a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) to prevent data loss during this standard transfer time.
- Electrical generators increase the value of your home.
- Home experts estimate that a properly-installed generator could increase the value of your home by as much as 5%. However, the generator must be professionally installed, as the risk posed by improper installation can pose risks to potential home buyers.
- The variety of generator sizes allows you to back up only essential circuits or provide complete coverage for your entire home.
Understanding Your Generator Needs
Trying to determine which type of generator is best for you and your home can be confusing. Here are a few things you should consider before purchasing a home generator:
1. What do you want to power during an outage?
Brda Electric's home generator specialists can help you determine how much power you’ll need to keep your essentials running during an outage. To get an accurate estimate, list the items in your home that you’ll need to keep running during an outage. This might include your refrigerator, lights, sump pump, water heater, and air conditioner.
2. How long do you want the generator to run?
- If you only need backup power for a few hours, you may want to consider a portable generator. However, these models can be noisier and produce less power. They also require some manual setup each time you wish to use them.
- If you want your generator to run for days or even weeks and kick on automatically during a power outage, you will need a permanently installed standby generator. Our professional home generator installers connect these to your home’s natural gas or propane supply, so you don’t need to worry about your fuel source.
3. What type of fuel do you want to use?
- Portable generators most commonly run on gasoline. They can burn through 12 to 20 gallons per day depending on the generator's output and the appliances they power.
- Permanent standby generators run on natural gas or propane and are connected to your home’s supply lines.
4. What are the different types of residential solar panels?
There are two main types of solar panels: monocrystalline and polycrystalline. Monocrystalline panels are made from a single crystal of silicon, while polycrystalline panels are made from multiple crystals of silicon. Monocrystalline panels are more efficient, but also more expensive.
5. How do I know what type and size of solar system I need for my home?
Brda Electric’s solar professionals will advise and guide you through selecting the right system according to the size of your home, your unique energy needs and more. We take the stress out of transitioning to solar energy so you can enjoy your new system faster!
Factors That Impact Installation Costs
Numerous factors can impact the cost of a generator installation, including:
- Your selected generator’s size and power output
- Your home’s size and energy needs
- Your installation space’s accessibility
- Your home’s current electrical system condition
- The need for local city permits, depending on where you live
Installation costs can vary greatly depending on the specific needs of your home and family. However, you can trust that our team of certified and experienced electricians will work with you to provide the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
Why Choose Brda Electric for Your Home Generator Project?
Brda Electric's installers are deeply familiar with the ins and outs of what your home requires, ensuring a successful and hassle-free installation. As a result, you can trust that our team will complete your project quickly, efficiently, and to the highest standards.
Call us at 636-642-1803 to get a personalized estimate for your home generator installation today!